HCC Honors English 101
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kellie Crabtree

3 posters

Go down

Kellie Crabtree Empty Kellie Crabtree

Post  Kellie Crabtree Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:18 am

I think my topic will be about the parenting Millennials are doing. My focus will be more toward the marketing point of view, such as what Millennials are buying for their children, especially with the expanding market for natural, organic, and sustainable products. I want to see how the environmental changes in products has changed between Millennial parents and gen x and maybe even baby boomer parents.
Also the idea that parents can "rent" toys for their children interests me, and maybe I can tie that in somehow.

Kellie Crabtree

Back to top Go down

Kellie Crabtree Empty Re: Kellie Crabtree

Post  Fred Cooksey Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:55 pm

Kellie, I like this idea -- especially how specific it is. I'm not sure how useful it will be to compare to previous generations, though this comparison might make for a good introduction. I think the bulk of the paper could and probably should just focus on what's happening now in terms of the issues you mention. I also like the idea of focusing on Millennials as they are becoming parents. That's a whole new twist and should make for interesting research, including some primary research (analyzing actual advertising that's clearly aimed at Millennial parents).

Renting toys -- seems consistent with other market shifts, like renting textbooks. These developments are really undermining traditional ways of selling products to consumers, and I wonder what other products or services might have to adapt as well.

Good luck; it should be interesting.

Fred Cooksey

Back to top Go down

Post  Paige Dolinski Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:56 pm

Kellie, I found an article by chance about how Millennial's online shopping habits are resembling the Boomers'. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a full document of it but maybe if you search those terms, another article will come up?
The Boomer's generation was all about advertising with new, baby-friendly products so it makes sense that now, with Internet/easy resources, Millennials are experiencing (somewhat) the same thing.

Paige Dolinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum